What is scan to bim ?
We use Laser scanning which consist of the lidar technology in which they can capture the real world conditions and convert them into 3D scan which can help to create #Digital Twins models and or do modeling As per their accuracy.
Overview of an Process of Scan to Bim
- Scanning :- We use surveying gadgets which can able to perform scanning those building and area. Those laser scanners can produce the cloud layers which consists of the innumerable number of points through those data sets the 3d Modeling perform
- Data Processing :- Through those Innumerable data sets or clouds the pointcloud is created and Surveyors or team used those data to register them into their cloud space. or register many scans data into one large data through which the Bim Process .
- Generative Bim :- Bim stands for the “Building information modeling” From various platform we can perform a BIM process in which we manage to take a pointcloud for reference Through which we can identifying those components like the Doors, Windows, Walls, Beams, Columns E.t.c Hence through this we can perform the Digital twin, Bim modeling.
How 3D scanned data help BIM MODELERS?
Laser scanning equipment’s which can create the 3D scanned data in real conditions. The 3D scanned data is far more precise and as compared to the local methods. BIM modelers take those data as a reference and they will create 3D models.
What is LIDAR Technology ? How it is useful in laser scanning.
Light detection and ranging which is commonly we known as a LIDAR. Which helps us to measure the distances in between one place to another place. Lidar commonly used in Ships, Submarines, through they can able to find the accurate distance or a hard surface. Although it is also used in forensics and many other medical equipment which helps people to find their illness and cure.
LIDAR technology plays a vital role in the Laser scanning which helps in surveying and mapping professionals through they can able to easily find the measurement of any equipment also in architecture it helps surveyors to create a 3d layer in real world conditions which can give the more precise and accurate 3d data to surveyors.
Benefits of Scan to Bim :-
Bim is stands for a Building information Modeling in which we mange to create a 3D model of an project. It is a Digital representation of the characteristic of the building which have some collaborative data which are as architectural, Electrical, plumbing, Machines, structural,and their applications are Revit, Archicad, Solidworks, Autocad e.t.c.
However the Bim are Transform the Construction old process which is less time Consuming and also low for the cost effective perspective.
Advantages of The BIM and Their Applications :-
are so important and universal in all over world. These advantages of the Bim over old construction methods
- It helps developer to create a digital representation
- It is far more cost effective.
- It saves much Time.
- It saves Material cost.
- It has a minimum error.
- Cost estimation is about too close to quote for the contractors through design.
Their applications in which the Bim Process which are as follows :-